dinsdag 17 november 2009

Sukothai - Ko Samet

Before taking the night bus to Bangkok I still had some time to kill. So after saying goodbye to Malina who was going to Chang Mai, I went back in the city and ended up in the Poo Bar. Belgian beer on the menu and posters of Tintin/Kuifje on the wall, yes, this was a Belgian bar! As it was pretty crowded some Canadians joined me at the table so I had a nice chat. Also talked to the owner of course, nice to be able to speak Dutch again after a week non-stop English...
The trip to Ban Phe was without any doubt the strangest on this holiday. They told me I had to wait for the bus at the Chang Mai sign, not the Bangkok one. Normally the bus would arrive at 5.30 so when it stopped at 4 a.m, I thought it was just antoher pit stop but no, we were already in Bangkok. My guide said that I had to go to another busstation but it seemed there were busses leaving for Ban Phe there as well. Only problem, finding them! As Thai is a tonal language, nobody understood where I had to go or they dropped me at a counter only to find out that they didn't understand me even though I had a map with me. Finally a guy wrote the place I had to go to in Thai and then I found my buss imediatly. At 5 I was on the road again to Rayong where I still had to take a shangsaw to the pier of Ban Phe but that was easy. Took the boat and then decided to try and find the beach I was planning to stay on food, at least 2kms but it was still cloudy so that was ok. First hotel wasn't all that nice, lots of waste on my way to my bungalow but in the end I found a good place to stay. So as I had a short night I took a siesta first and then went to discover the main village where all the restaurants are. Walked around a bit, went back to the hotel for a swim and some beach walking and in the evening I had my first Thai massage I really enjoyed.
Next day was my last full day in Thailand so I decided to relax, meaning eat, swim, read. I know that Matt would arrive that day so asked several times in the hotel but always got a no. I finally found him by going back to the village and do a tour of the restaurants. So I spend my last evening drinking beer on the beach, fantastic!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten